domingo, março 22, 2020

History repeats itself

En français
Em português

I never thought that I would be witnessing a pandemic so overwhelming, reminding me of reports about the "Spanish Flu" that devastated the world in 1918-1919.
They were 16 children in my grandfather's. To face the "war" against the flu, my grandfather decided to stay in the city (Belo Horizonte), with the "boys". The "girls" and my grandmother went to her father's farm. They thought they would be safer there.
The city house was completely sealed, by my grandfather and his children, down to the smallest cracks; the isolation was complete, no visits. They did not contract the disease. One of my aunts, however, who was on the farm, was affected, but survived.
Mortality was frightening. Worldwide, the death toll was greater than that of the First World War. Corpses accumulated and piled up, no one was prepared for a situation like that.
I hope that the scientific knowledge we have today will help to mitigate the suffering of humanity.
St Joseph, hide us from this evil. Immaculate Heart of Mary, protect our world, consecrated to You! Through our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
~~~~~~
Related inks:

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário