segunda-feira, março 04, 2024

Plaid cat

 

Français

Português

There was a game from times of my childhood, we could say from yesteryear :-), where we declaimed or sang little questions and answers, whose meaning I don't know, sometimes it seems like it was just to rhyme. This year, certain circumstances reminded me one of these games and I translated it. Luckily, I could find a rhyme :-)

"Once upon a time there was a plaid cat in the store. Do you want me to tell it once more?"

As winter approached, there was an excellent quality bed sheet set for sale here in Quebec. When we went to bed, we didn't have the feeling of a cold, damp sheet. It seemed like it was already hot in there. I don't know what material it was made of. The ones I had were already very old, I threw them in the trash.

I bought another one. I didn't find the old brands. I look for them everywhere, without success. I even went to the store where I had bought my old ones, in the town where I lived. There are only printed fleece models! Yes, they are made by that three dimensional printing technology.

Of this new type, there were few pattern options. I ended up choosing one with a red fitted sheet, a red and black plaid flat sheet, and a red pillowcase. I said to myself: it will brighten up, give color in winter. What a regret... :-)

From the first day, red and black fraying and pilling, similar to those that form on some fabrics, began to appear in every corner of the apartment, and not just the corners. These elements attacked mercilessly, sticking to my slippers, stockings and other clothing. I couldn't keep the floor clean, they seemed to proliferate. They were everywhere.

There is no wind inside the apartment, it is hermetically closed during winter. They are not living beings that reproduce... I hope not! :-) I don't have a plaid cat. So, it was me who carried them here and there. If anyone doubts that we are vehicles for the dissemination of microbes, here is the unpleasantly macroscopic proof! :-)

I thought to myself: The sheet set must be fading away. I checked, there was no sign of fabric loss. A mystery... hahaha.

What am I going to do? I've already done. I threw it in the trash! Next winter... Do you want me to tell you the story again? No, from that plaid cat, never again.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário