domingo, maio 14, 2023

At 90 km/hour

 

Português

Français

2023-05-11

Busy day! A beautiful sunny day!

Between many comings and goings, in town, walking more than expected, I went to the small town where I was born here, as a Canadian, and lived there for 22 years. I didn't know I loved it so much, my "hometown" here.

I needed to go (to solve some pending stuff) and had already put it off for a long time. So, I decided: it is today. I think a beautiful and poetic post from a friend influenced me... they are all beautiful, but there is one that really touched me, I identified myself with her feeling.

It was so good to ride in my car on these roads that I used to travel all those years, at 90 km/hour [1]... Enwoye! The car understands, it goes almost on its own, even if it's not the old one I had. I think it's telepathic love, "rita-lee oblige".

I arrived in town, I went to the places I used to go. There were a few things I had been looking for and I knew I would find them there. I was right. The small Shopping Center, with everything concentrated, is superb. It changed a bit. An automatic thought came to my mind, to comment on the change with Léo.

But I was not sad. Léo is always on my mind and, lately, I remember more of his omnipresent good humor, with those typical "jokes" that made me laugh a lot. I must take advantage of this heritage of lively and joyful intelligence. Trying to incorporate that into me. It makes me feel so good!

I went to other stores, outside the mall too. What a pleasant day!

Except that I didn't have the courage to go and see how our old house is now. I crossed the path leading to it twice, I hesitated and... no... I didn't go. Who knows, maybe another occasion.

I'm exhausted, I'm going to bed early.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[1] 90 km/h is the maximum speed allowed on most roads in Quebec, except the highways.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário