sábado, maio 07, 2016

Celebrating mothers and the Province of Quebec


Esther
Version en français


It is never too much to talk about this phenomenon of having children. It will never be a cliché. In my opinion, the Mother’s Day is a date that is really worth celebrating. Maternal love seems to be the strongest feeling in the universe we can see. Not surprising, this intimate contact with the reorganization of the matter, to form a being, is a special experience. The feeling of these transformations in the inner of herself is a woman privilege. Of course, there must be some effect on mother's behaviour, even beyond hormonal causes; it is impossible to stay unscathed after an experience of this magnitude.
It’s the first “Mother’s Day” without mine. She died last year at the age of 99. She has always been a strong and cheerful woman, with a very firm personality. I miss her but, at the same time, I am relieved she is no longer in this more and more crazy world. So many good things I bring in my luggage of life, as heritage from my mother, impossible to list them all! I am grateful for all she did for us, a demanding and energetic mother, yes, but we were sure that she was our refuge – we never had any doubt about it.
In this joyous Sunday, I also want to celebrate the province of Quebec, that welcomed me... a child from elsewhere. I am not a refugee, and I'm here since long time; but I identify myself, somehow, with all immigrants who have found home in Quebec. It's like having a mother of adoption. I think I can speak for all... We thank the Province of Quebec and Canada to welcome us and allow us to live safely, in a free country.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário